Mazzola Oil Service’s local roots run deep
Mazzola Oil Service was founded in 1950, but our history dates back to decades earlier, when Leopoldo and Angelo Mazzola came to the United States from Italy, in 1919. In the 1930s, they started a business hauling coal from Buffalo, delivering it to Hudson Valley residents who needed to heat their homes. From there, the company’s history unfolded over time.
History of Mazzola Oil Service
- 1950: Mazzola Oil Service is founded by Leo Mazzola, who owns and operates a fruit farm in Newburgh, NY, during the summer. He initially launches the fuel company to operate during the winter months.
- 1990: Lee Mazzola takes over the family business with his wife, Merethe Mazzola. At the time, the company had a single truck, driven by Lee himself.
- 2006: Mazzola Oil Service is officially incorporated. Slow word-of-mouth growth for the next 10 years.
- 2016: The company moves to a dedicated office space on 9W in Marlboro, NY, where we remain today. Steady growth over the years expands our operation to five trucks in the fleet with about 2,000 or so residential and commercial customers.
- Today: We are currently in the process of building a large full scale office/garage and fuel storage facility on 9W in Milton, NY.
Learn more about Mazzola Oil Service!
Check out our customer reviews, meet our amazing team and learn about how to become part of the Mazzola Oil Service family by starting a career here. You can also keep up with the latest by following our blog!
Providing Prompt Delivery and Courteous Service was important to Leo when he started Mazzola Oil Service in 1950, and to this day remains just as important to the company. Learn more about why Mazzola Oil Service is the right choice for your home or business and become a customer today!